Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lectern or Not



I was intrigued at last week's Evaluators Workshop by the discussion around using the lectern while delivering a speech. The next day I went through my materials and did not find reference to proper use. I searched the Toastmasters International website and didn't find much there either. I checked the Toastmasters group on LinkedIn and found varying opinions.

What do the members of Boca Raton Toastmasters think about this issue? As a new member, I have the sense that most of you think it is important to get out from behind the lectern as soon as possible. That's what came across to me.

Please provide your input so I may learn.

Thank you.
John Schneyer

1 comment:

  1. Good topic. Personally I don't use the lectern because I feel that I would lean on it and hide behind it. Others can probably use it more effectively. - JJ

    ReplyDelete